POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dancefloor : Re: dancefloor Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dancefloor
From: Slime
Date: 11 Dec 2004 14:52:23
Message: <41bb4ff7$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, I was trying to copy this effect:
>
> http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450

That's an awesome demo.

> Only problem is, it took POV 200000 times longer to render this scene that
> it takes in that demo (which is realtime and totally amazing, you should
> download it).  Is the image 200000 times better?  Certainly not!  But it
was
> fun :-)

Well, the demo only had one level of reflection. Otherwise, it oversaturated
the bright areas and left the dark areas darker so it had much more contrast
than your image.

Are you actually making each bright tile a light source? There's probably a
better (faster) way than that.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]